As far as widespread technologies go, mobile apps are the most universal. Mobile application development has widened the scope of mobile computing technology; over 5 billion people access apps via their smartphone, a rise of 200% over the last five years.

There is a lot of talk surrounding mobile apps in the digital landscape. However, when it comes to building a product, developers must build a vision of what they are trying to achieve and for whom.

Here are some points for consideration before investing in mobile app development:

Mobile App Development- Native versus Hybrid

When it comes to mobile app development, you must opt for a solution that best fits your needs as well as that of your customer. Building a native app makes sense when you know that the customer behavior patterns lean towards mobile use. Conversely, if your app will be accessed from the web, mobile and a variety of different devices with different screen sizes and configurations, it’s best to opt for hybrid mobile app development.

Typically a mobile application is faster than its website counterpart, but this comes at a significant cost to the enterprise. This understanding is crucial to structuring the mobile app development process and optimizing deadlines and costs.

The Lifespan of the App

The current mobile user is bombarded with options. While this poses a significant opportunity for app developers to showcase their product offering, it also reduces the lifespan of the individual app considerably. Hence, it’s important to have a shorter development cycle supported by a faster go-to-market model that can incorporate iterations based on customer feedback.

The HokuApps mobile app development platform creates 90% of the apps and workflows through automation, while the remaining 10% is business-layer customization unique to any business, to bring the app and workflow together. The automation layer (Rapid Application Development Platform) gives HokuApps a distinct advantage over traditional custom software development, in terms of speed, reliability, and cost. This reduces the app go-to-market timeline and enables faster ROI.

Tools for Mobile App Development

Most dynamic app frameworks are built on JavaScript and Node.js. JScript provides the ideal cross-browser functionality for mobile apps and for creating the intuitive user experience. You can also employ Bootstrap for creating responsive UI design across mobile, desktop and tablet while Foundation is responsive across all screen sizes. Debugging tools are also a big part of mobile app development, especially if the application is to be tested across different devices. Standard browser-based DevTools can be used for debugging web apps.

Post Release Introspection

Mobile app development must ideally come to a close once an app has been developed and released to its target audience. However, this is hardly the case. A lot of app developers focus significant time and effort in the maintenance of the mobile application. App developers must also focus on timely updates of their apps to release new and innovative functionalities for the user so that they stay interested in the product. The mobile app development team must also stay informed about the competition’s product in the marketplace and always strive to be a step ahead.


Mobile app development has created many opportunities for businesses to attract the attention of its audience in new and innovative ways. Apps are also a great way to stay constantly connected to the audience and drive business growth through a multi-channel approach, especially for traditional business setups.

However, while it may seem that everyone is developing an app, developers must have a clear idea of what they are doing, for whom and why. Understanding the user and their needs along with their behavior pattern are crucial to building something of value. Additionally, developers must be aware of the short lifespan of apps and aim to create long-term value to customers in the form of technology updates and new features.


Author's Bio: 

I am an Entrepreneur, marketer, and writer. I would like to write in-depth guides and case studies that teach users to guide mobile application development to grow and scale there business.