The recent reports bring forth that students aspiring to study in New Zealand would now be able to obtain a student visa in a much easier and transparent way. To make New Zealand a much popular destination in comparison to the UK, the USA, Canada or Australia; a new type of student visa would make way, thus making it easier for the overseas students.

The announcement of a new type of student visa was made recently by New Zealand's Immigration Minister, Jonathan Coleman and he opined that the introduction of the new type of visa would counter the prevalent red tapism. To make the visa process speedier and less stringent, interim visas would be issued while a student's application is still being processed. In addition, background checks and medical examination renewals would also only be needed to be completed every three years instead of every two years.

However, all the students would still have to meet all the standard criteria, but the new visa would provide peace of mind for students and would make the enrolment process smoother for education providers. The proposed changes would take effect from February 2011 and would also bring a spite of relief to the 2 billion Dollar education export industry of New Zealand.

Living and working in New Zealand permit a claimant to make his or her career but this must not be done at the cost of living without your parents. Here are some of the aspects linked with Family Sponsorship, Parent Category of New Zealand Immigration.

1) Centre of Gravity Test; So as to assure this test, it is essential that the parents have an equal or greater number of children who are living in New Zealand as compared to any other country.
2) The main applicant (sponsor) must be a resident of New Zealand for a least of 3 years on the date of filing the application. It is necessary that the applicant has lived in NZ for a minimum of 184 days for every three years previous to filing an application for sponsoring the parent.
3) Financial facets play a critical role when it comes to sponsoring your parents in the land of Kiwis. You must have a domestic income of a minimum of $29,897.92
4) The sponsor is required to be an Adult (17 years of age or over), physically present in NZ and must be a New Zealand or Australian citizen.
5) Meet the least income requirements.
6) You can not file the request for sponsorship at the same time as you are out of the country. It is an obligation that you must have your physical presence in the NZ at the time you put the request in. Also, you will be necessary to sign a declaration that would state that you as a sponsor would pay back all the benefits received by them in the first two years from the NZ government.

The student permit is only suitable for those with extremely good incomes in their own countries. Or if you are willing to bend the rules and work beyond the 20 hours allowed by the permit. The problem is that you are required to be fulltime student, so institutions take care of the attendance numbers. You are also likely to fail any study that you undertake due to lack of preparation. Not to mention that you can get in trouble with Immigration. As a lecturer, I've seen this a couple of times.

Author's Bio: