What to Consider When Hiring a React Native Developer?
App downloads across the globe are increasing at an unprecedented pace. The numbers have multiplied in the last year, especially after the pandemic broke out and people started relying more on mobile apps for shopping (apparel, accessories, and groceries too!), consulting a doctor, learning, teaching, and what not? The statistics of app installs worldwide in the last few years have been quite enthralling as well. Apps are known to help achieve a better conversion rate than websites and other web entities. As a result, most businesses are thinking about having a mobile app to showcase their brands and products and win more customers.
Hire React Native Development Company
If you have also decided to have a mobile app for your business, I must say that you are heading in just the right direction towards making your business a grand success. Do you want to go for custom app development in React? Hire React Native developers to convert your dream app into a pleasant reality. React Native is rich, reliable, and robust platform that is just ideal for building versatile, user-friendly, and high-performing mobile apps within your budget. Furthermore, the apps built using React Native are easy to maintain, upgrade, and scale as well. If you are thinking of having React Native as your app’s core technology and want to hire dedicated developers with extensive knowledge and rich experience in working on React Native, you will need to consider a few important things before you decide on one.
What to Consider When Hiring React Native Mobile Application Development Company or Developers?
Let’s begin with the hard skills that you must look for when looking for React Native mobile app developers for hire!
To help you choose better resource for your React Native app development project, we recommend you divide the shortlisted candidates into the following categories:
The categorization is to be done primarily on the basis of their expertise, years of experience, and practical knowledge in the industry.
Junior React Native Developer
A junior developer would ideally have very little or nil work experience but he/she will definitely have the knowledge of the required skills. On-the-job training may help you get better work from junior developers but then you should be ready to invest your time, effort, and money in guiding and training these resources. Usually, junior developers are fresh college graduates or those who never worked in an office or those who kept hopping from one office to another and, therefore, never worked on a live project ever.
Other than this, a junior React Native developer should:
1. Be aware of the main types of app navigation such as modal, push, etc.
2. Be able to work with the state management tool that helps developers effortlessly manage app development states shared across various components and develop predictable applications that can run in heterogeneous environments.
3. Be able to do testing and debugging and must have the working knowledge of testing and debugging principles and tools required for the purpose.
4. Possess a strong understanding of the framework, all its components, libraries, and APIs. The developer must understand all the basic assumptions of React Native.
Even if the React Native developer hasn’t worked with any mobile app development company, he/she should have ample pet projects to showcase that they’ve been practicing these skills for a long. Again, you should be ready to employ funds and available resources on the coaching, mentoring, and management of these untrained and fresh resources.
Middle React Native Developer
Middle developers bring along some (around 2+) years of experience in working on live React Native projects. These people are specialists in their job because they have already done several projects and have been a part of capable teams. The industry exposure and work experience add to their technical skills and problem-solving skills. The middle-level developers can be relied upon to handle your React Native project independently and they don’t mind taking their work’s ownership.
A middle level React Native developer can help you:
1. Optimize your app’s performance as he/she knows the best approaches for optimizing the performance of apps.
2. Build features that are purely mobile-specific and can make the most of all available resources (of the mobile), such as microphones, cameras, gyroscopes, GPS sensors, etc. Using their knowledge about incorporating these resources in the app, the middle-level developers can help overcome the various challenges occurring during working with these hardware resources.
3. Cache and store data offline using his/her knowledge of different databases (both rational and non-rational) as well as the libraries to work with these databases. They are well aware of the nuances of caching and storing data offline and, therefore, they can better decide when to create caching-logic from scratch and when to employ the ready-made code.
Also, the mid-level React Native developer must have worked with at least one mobile app development company and brings along the rich experience of having worked on multiple React projects there. The person can efficiently integrate the app with external services such as PayPal, Facebook, Google, to name a few. These developers require significantly less monitoring than the junior resources and can suggest various problem-solving ideas when needed. But, you cannot expect them to make critical decisions for the app.
Senior React Native Developer
A senior React Native developer must have worked with multiple companies and clients and is highly skilled in the development of React Native. A developer with at least 3+ years of mobile app development and launch experience will fall in this category. Having coached and managed many teams of developers, these developers are able to:
1. Build native mobile apps for iOS, Android, etc.
2. Integrate frameworks and native libraries into the app
3. Create a fully-fledged, high-performing mobile app
4. Effectively build and mentor a team of developers
Above all, these experienced resources can make good decisions during app development and can be counted on for providing useful insight for creating, launching, and maintaining the best-performing apps.
If you hire mobile app developers from the trusted react native app development company, you can have the developers at all levels of experience for your project.
Tarun Nagar is the Founder & CEO of Dev Technosys, a global ranking IT Development Company. With 10+ years of experience in enabling then Startups which are now global leaders with creative solutions, he is differentiated by out-of-the-box IT solutions throughout the domain. He is known for his visionary qualities and adaptability for technology and trends, passionate as he is in every aspect dedicated to making IT simple, accessible and approachable for business enterprise