In order to get a best appearance, the eyeglass frame you selected should match your face shape and your personal coloring. These two aspects are most important among various factors in choosing right eyeglasses. In the eyeglass store, you can try on some glasses to find the best match.

There are some criteria of eyeglass frame color, size and shape. The color of eyewear should go with your personal coloring. The frame shape should contrast with your face shape and the frame size should be in scale of your face size. The existing seven basic face shapes require different shaped frames.

Round and oval faces have few angles. While a round face requires a rectangular shaped frame, an oval face needs a frame that is as wide as the broadest part of the face. You should choose a frame shape to make a round face appear thinner and longer and select a frame to keep an oval face’s natural ideal balance.

In contrast, oblong and square faces have more obvious angles. People with an oblong face usually have a long straight cheek line and sometimes a longish nose. While an oblong face is longer than it is wide, a square face has an equal width and length. Frames with a more depth than width are suitable for people with oblong faces and frames with more width than depth flatter those with square faces.

There is still another obvious contrast between base-down triangle and base-up triangle faces. While a base-down triangular face has a narrow forehead and wide cheek and chin area, a base-up triangular face has a very wide top third and small bottom third. Eyeglass frames for the former type should add width to the upper face, and frames for the latter type should be wider at the bottom.

Diamond-shape faces are rare and require frames with detailing or distinctive brow lines.

Personal coloring is another critical consideration while choosing eyeglass frames. As mentioned before, eyeglass color should go with personal coloring, which is either cool or warm. Cool (blue-based) coloring or warm (yellow-based) coloring involves three aspects: skin, eyes and hair.

Skin tone is the most determinative element of personal coloring. It is estimated that about 60% of Americans have a cool coloring, which has blue or pink undertones. The other 40% of people have warm colorings. Eye color is considered as the second determinative factor. While blue eyes fall into warm coloring, brown eyes are cool. Cool hair colors include blond, platinum, white etc… And a warm hair color can be golden blond, flat black, brown-gold and so on.

this article is come from:

Author's Bio: 

Vision Library
is the information source in area of vision care, including eyeglasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, sports protective eyewear, vision error and diseases, vision surgery, ageing and kid's vision etc., solely sponsored by, an emerging online optical store.