Yes, this is possible but you have to take the right steps and do them in order. Now, you could probably do those out of order and do okay, but why settle for okay?
Do you know who your Ideal Client is? When you are asked that scary question of “What do you do?” do you have a good, solid response?
- You know what their pain points are
- You know what they struggle with in life or business
- You know the solutions or answers they want
- You know what the end result is they want
- You know the time frame they want this end result in
If you can answer these questions then you are on your way to getting clients!
Now you are ready to reach out to potential clients with 3 easy steps. You can easily do this while at a networking event, conference or any place where you Ideal Clients hang out.
- First of all you start the conversation. “Hi I’m Kim and I don’t think we have met? What is your name? “What do you do Suzy Q?”
- Then you get curious and see if there is a way you can be of service to them. So, you need to be very clear about who they are and what they do. People will love the personal attention and how much you care. (most of us don’t get enough of that)
- Next, it’s up to you to take the next step. Do you offer Strategy or Discovery complimentary sessions? If not you need to start, but that’s another topic. If you believe this potential client is a good fit for you then set up a time to talk to them. Be sure to name your session to make it more attractive.
If you are meeting someone ‘live,’ don’t try to get them as a client right on the spot. It’s best to offer them your Discovery session and get that in the books or call them the next day to schedule.
Low hanging fruit: This is the best way to get started! Who were your past clients or students? What about your friends, colleagues, family or other groups of people you know?
Divide these people into 2 groups.
- People you would love to support and be of assistance.
- People who would love to refer to you.
What about when you are reaching out to people, but it’s not in person?
- Pick up the phone and call them. This is much more effective than reaching out by email. Always start with the phone first.
- If you weren’t able to get in touch with someone, whether you left a message or not (I tend towards leaving a message and asking them to call back) now you might want to email them.
- In your email the goal is to set up a Discovery session. Tell them you have an exciting new program coming up or something you think they might be interested in.
- You can give them dates you are available and times.
As you can see this is a much abbreviated idea on how to get 3 clients in 30 days. At the same time, if you followed this brief outline, I have every confidence that you can make this work for you.
It’s certainly worth giving it a try! Good luck to you!
Do you have the Moxie it takes to start and sustain a thriving coaching business? Find out at http://moxiemastermind.com Kim Kirmmse Toth transitioned from 23 years as Licensed Clinical Social Worker to building a high 5 to 6 figure coaching business while enjoying her free time doing the things she loves. If you are a savvy woman (or even gentleman) and a heart-centered solopreneur who wishes to grow an exceptional, heart based on-line business, let Kim show you the way at http://www.positiveaginginc.com